Barber Valley NA Meeting Agenda - Barber Valley Trail
Barber Valley NA Meeting Agenda
9 August 2018 ~ Mill District Clubhouse
- Boise Hunter Homes Project Update - Jamison Nakaya, Development Manager , Boise Hunter Homes
- Transportation - Celeste Miller (BVNA Board)
- Development Applications - John Mooney (BVNA Board)
- Firewise - Patrick Wilder (Spring Creek neighbor)
- Trails Update – John Mooney (BVNA Board)
- Miscellaneous Topics
- BVNA Board Meeting
- Wayfinding Contract Status
- Development Applications
Boise Hunter Homes
Project Update Barber Valley – Harris Ranch
Jamison Nakaya Development Manager, BHH
BVNA Transport News
Budget Overviews – John Mooney, BVNA Board
COMPASS Inputs Due NLT 30 August
- COMPASS (Community Planning Association of SW Idaho)
- Request public input 1-30 August 2018 on Regional Transportation Plans/Projects
- These projects are being paid for using your tax dollars and certainly have the potential to affect you, your commute, and your quality of life.
- You have a right and a responsibility to review how your tax dollars are proposed to be spent and
to ask questions and share your agreement/disagreement, with the projects selected.
- COMPASS staff considers all public comments, passes them along to the relevant agencies, and provides them to the COMPASS Board for consideration before any final decisions.
- Example – SH21 is projected for construction (next slide)
- Widen SH-21 from Technology Way (near Micron) to Surprise Way (just west of the
Boise River Bridge) in the City of Boise.
- 2 x 12-foot travel lanes, a 4-foot center median, and 6-foot shoulders on both sides.
- $5.5M additional expenditures (previous investment $750K)
- Idaho Transportation Department – FY2022
- Link for comments: http://www.compassidaho.org/comm/comments.htm
- Or….attend the 14 August Open House from 3-7:30pm (COMPASS Meridian)
ACHD Integrated Five Year Work Plan (IFYWP)
- Next Budget Opportunity: FY2020-2024
- Neighborhood Comments toBVNABoise@gmail.com NLT 30 Nov to meet City of Boise 12 December suspense date
ACHD Interactive Comments Map
ACHD Interactive Comments Map
BVNA Transport News
Celeste Miller, BVNA Board 2019-2023 5 Yr. Work Plan (ACHD)
2020-2024 5 Yr. Work Plan(ACHD)
2019-2023 5 Yr. Work Plan (ACHD)
- • City to meet with ACHD tomorrow to finalize
- BVNA sent out request for input from you
– Via email and face book
- Many Thanks - Great volume of responses
Questions we Asked
- Do we want a ‘gateway’ as you enter the valley from SH21?
- Roundabouts - more of them (where?), or none east of Eckert?
- Where should bike/ped crossings be placed?
- Do we need to calm traffic
- Roundabout or stop light at the intersection of Eckert and Warm Springs?
- How to improve traffic flow at East JHS/Riverstone?
2020-2024 5 Yr. Work Plan (ACHD)
- Top Three asks – Board to discuss
- Stay tuned (Dec. deadline)
Pheasant Heights – 4 June Hearing PZC Approved with Conditions
Revised Conditions Approved by PZC on 11 June Boise City Council Approved on 24 July
John Mooney, BVNA Board
NOTE: WMA trails are not managed by the City, but by IDFG as part of the WMA. R2R has an agreement to post these trails on their maps/website but maintenance is conducted by IDFG. With more use, there is more erosion and higher expectations that they will be maintained like the rest of the R2R trails. This furthers the case to provide managed connectivity away from the WMA.
A concept to connect WMA trails with Table Rock
9 August Email from Property owner representative – Mr. Mark Butler
Finis Terra Status
- 11 June Hearing: Decision Deferred until 10 September
- Applicant asked to consider 4 issues:
- Teresa Dr detached sidewalk (north side of street)
- Brian Way ‘uphill’ sidewalk (east side of street)
- Wildlife Corridor onsite
- Public trail easement
Status of Coordination with Development Team
- Barber Valley Trail
- BVNA will request a public trail easement but not along the entire east boundary of Finis Terra
- Our request is to continue a public easement from somewhere along the east boundary (even the NE corner) of the development into the public streets.
- The objective would be to connect Finis Terra with future development on the Duesman and Englesby parcels (zoned RP)
- Wildlife Corridor
- Nearby neighbors met with the Land Trust of the Treasure Valley (LTTV) to explore the feasibility and interest in a conservation easement ‘off-site’ in the Pet Haven gulch
- This would support Idaho F&G “Option 3” but was not supported by the landowners in the Pet Haven gulch
Patrick Wilder, Spring Creek – Committee Lead
Barber Valley Trails & Paths
John Mooney, BVNA Board
Trails Have Been a Significant Discussion For Both Pheasant Heights and Finis Terra
- East Valley – Barber Valley Trail
- A soil hardener (Soiltac®) was applied in mid-July to the two steep hill sections of the East Valley trail. Future maintenance becomes the responsibility of the owners (HOA Common Lot)
- Please Note: the developer caused this problem (Conger Development Company) but it was rectified by resources ($6K) from the Barber Valley Development Corporation (Doug Fowler and Harris Family)
- But…..Mr. Conger also provided an exceptional concrete path connection from The Rim at East Valley to the Greenbelt (through the old Ben’s Crow Inn access point). This connection was problematic due to US Bureau of Reclamation easement property (Pen Canal).
- Open! Reminder that we had a problem with trespassing, which wasn’t helpful in negotiating the contractual repairs.
- Wildlife Management Area (WMA) Reminder
- Hunting season is here/coming!
- Be vigilant and aware that you should stay on the trails when recreating in the WMA
- Dogs on Leash! Especially as the game returns this winter
- Reminder – the WMA may close if the winter is extreme (happens once every 10-12 yrs)
Alta Harris Park Open House!!!!
- Boise Parks and Recreation Department will present the Alta Harris Community Park Master Plan to the Parks Commission
- 16 August, City Hall, 4pm
- This meeting will be a public hearing format and you may provide master plan
comments to the Commission at this time.
- Link to map: https://parks.cityofboise.org/media/1354425/AltaConceptFinalGB.pdf
- Neighborhood Investment Program Awards Announced 19 July
- BVNA received $16,200 for Neighborhood Signage
- New Restaurant & Parking
- Conditional Use to exceed parking maximum
- Citizen’s Planning Academy
- 5 September, 6pm
- NIMBY, YIMBY, or …? Being an Effective, Constructive Advocate in Times of Growth
Miscellaneous Notes 2
- From Barber Valley Development Company (LeNir, Ltd)
- Road closure (Park Center Blvd in Harris Ranch) will end NLT September 14
- Council Springs Apartments are still in the review stage with the Harris Ranch Review Board
- ACHD will be building a new bridge on Harris Ranch Road slated to begin in October of this year.
- BVNA Board Vacancy
- Phil Carrillo resignation; Stasi Bellomy volunteer to assume Brian “seat” on the BVNA Board to complete Phil’s term (expires January 2020).
- Strategy Review – Finis Terra (deferred hearing on 10 September)
- Wildlife Corridor and Wildlife Mitigation Fund status
- Barber Valley Path status
- BVNA testimony assignment
- Past/Overdue Business. The BVNA by-laws designate January as the annual meeting due to the elections of the board members (Section 2.4 and 4.3) . However, it does not establish a specific day for the annual meeting, such as the second Thursday of the month. Could BVNA amend the by-laws to designate that specific day at an upcoming meeting, per the standards in Section 7.1?