Soilworks products are the industry’s top standard due to our insistence on creating high performance soil stabilization and dust control products that stand up to rigorous testing – both in the lab and in the field. Our commitment to quality and performance has led to our involvement and testing in hundreds of real-world situations. The following library of reports, presentations, specifications, approvals and other similar documents provide you, our customer, the transparency and dependable assurance that is expected from Soilworks.
BOEING D6-17487 REVISION P
Exterior and General Cleaners and Liquid Waxes, Polishes and Polishing Compounds
Sandwich Corrosion Test – Conforms
Acrylic Crazing Test – Conforms
Paint Softening Test – Conforms
Hydrogen Embrittlement Test – Conforms
Dilution: As received
BOEING D6-17487 REVISION P (Exterior & General)
Sandwich Corrosion Test: Specimen preparation, testing, and interpretation shall be in accordance with ASTM F1110 using the following materials and with the following exceptions:
Reagents and materials exception:
(1). Clad 7075-T6 aluminum alloy in accordance with QQ-A-250/13 (AMS 4049 or AMS-QQ-A-250/13 optional) (2024-T3 Alclad specimens are neither required nor optional.)
(2) Bare 7075-T6 aluminum alloy in accordance with QQ-A-250/12 (AMS 4045 or AMS-Q-A-250/12 optional) anodized in accordance with BAC 5019 or MIL A-8625, Type I. Anodize shall be sealed. (2024-T3 nonclad specimens are neither required nor optional).
(3) Distilled or deionized water may be used in place of ASTM F1193, Type IV reagent grade water for control specimens.
(4) The filter paper may be Whatman No. 5 or equivalent in place of Whatman GFA glass fiber paper.
(1) The filter paper strips shall be 1 by 3 inches and shall be placed in the center of the sandwiched specimens.
(2) Each sandwich specimen shall be held together with waterproof tape, with no more than 1 piece of tape (maximum width 0.75 inch) on each of two opposite edges.
Interpretation of result exceptions:
(1) Leaching or lightening of the chromate sealed anodize coating shall not be cause for rejection.
(2) Deposits or residues from the material being tested that are not products of corrosion of the test panel surface shall not be cause for rejection.
(3) Special procedure for evaluation of fire extinguishing foams and liquids.
(4) Panels shall have a rating of 1 (no more than 5 percent of the surface area shall be corroded) or better in accordance with ASTM F 1110. The preferred method of determining the corroded area is by using image analysis. Other means approved by the purchaser may be substituted.
(5) Any corrosion in excess of that shown by the control group shall be cause for rejection.
Acrylic Crazing Test:
The material being tested shall not craze, crack, or etch acrylic test specimens when tested in accordance with ASTM F 484 using Type C (stretched acrylic plastic in accordance with MIL-P-25690) stressed to an outer fiber stress of 4500 psi.
Type C (MIL-P-25690): No crazing, cracking, or etching
Paint Softening Test Procedure:
Testing shall be in accordance with ASTM F502 using the following coating systems.
(1) BMS 10-79, Type II primer applied in accordance with BAC5882 plus BMS 10-60, Type II enamel in accordance with BAC 5845.
(2) BMS 10-79, Type Ill primer applied in accordance with BAC 5882, plus BMS 10-100 coating in accordance with BAC 5795.
Three specimens conforming to Section 13a.(1) and three specimens conforming to Section 13a(2) shall be used for each test condition.
NOTE: Slight darkening of the BMS 10-100 surface is acceptable.
*Paint system 1: _Q_ pencil hardness change after 24 hour post-exposure dry time.
No discoloration or staining.
*Paint system 2: _Q_ pencil hardness change after 24 hour post-exposure dry time.
No discoloration or staining.
*Product leaves an oily residue that does not rinse off but does wipe away
Hydrogen Embrittlement Test:
Hydrogen Embrittlement testing shall be in accordance with ASTM F 519-93, using cadmium plated Type 1a, 1c, or 2a specimens. All requirements of ASTM F519-93 for specimens, preparation, testing, and reporting shall apply. Type 1a specimens shall meet the requirements of D6-4307.
Specimens: Type 1c, cadmium plated per Treatment B of ASTM F519. (45% load, 150 hours, notched immersed for the duration, room temp.)
#1: No failure occurred within 150 hours.
#2: No failure occurred within 150 hours.
#3: No failure occurred within 150 hours.
#4.: No failure occurred within 150 hours.